CMSgt Joshua S. Trundle is the Command Chief at the 501st Combat Support Wing, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, headquartered at RAF Alconbury, United Kingdom. He is the senior enlisted advisor to the Wing Commander of eight installations located in the United Kingdom and Norway, serving a community of more than 14,000 military service members, civilians, and local nationals. The wing provides agile combat support to enable Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Global Strike, and Command and Control missions for U.S. and NATO operations.
Chief Trundle was born in Augusta, Georgia, raised and educated in Texas. He entered the Air Force in October 1996, has spent his career primarily working in the Fire Protection arena but has also served as a First Sergeant. His assignments include bases in Alabama, Texas, California, Montana and Hawaii. He has also served overseas in South Korea, United Kingdom (UK) and Italy. Before assuming his current position, he served as the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Director for Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPH-H), Hawaii.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2002 Associate in Applied Science degree in Fire Science, Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
2002 Associate in Applied Science degree in Instructor of Technology and Military Science (CCAF)
2004 Bachelor of Science degree in Fire Science Management, Cum Laude, Southern Illinois University
2007 Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2008 Royal Air Force (RAF) Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, RAF Halton, UK
2010 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Associate in Applied Science degree in Human Resource Management, CCAF
2011 Professional Manager Certification, CCAF
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2018 Designated Chief Fire Officer, Center for Professional Service Excellence
2021 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2021 Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership, Western Kentucky University
1. March 1997- March 2001, Firefighter/Driver Operator/Crew Chief, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2. March 2001- March 2005, Instructor/Instructor Supervisor, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. March 2005- February 2006, Assistant Fire Chief for Operations, Kunsan Air Base (AB), Republic of Korea
4. February 2006- May 2010, Station Chief/Assistant Fire Chief for Training and Operations/Deputy Fire Chief, RAF Mildenhall, UK
September 2007- January 2008, Station Chief, 332nd Expeditionary Civil Engineer Sq, Balad AB, Iraq
5. May 2010- November 2011, First Sergeant, 48th Intelligence Squadron/548 ISR Group, Beale AFB, Calif.
November 2011- May 2012, First Sergeant, 386th Expeditionary Security Forces Sq, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait
May 2012- May 2013, First Sergeant, 13th Intelligence Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
6. May2013- July 2015, Installation Fire Chief, 341st Civil Engineer Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
7. July 2015- February 2016, Superintendent, 7AF Engineer Directorate, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
February- August 2016, Deputy Fire Chief, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
8. August 2016- June 2019, Installation Fire Chief, 31st Civil Engineer Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
9. July 2019- May 2021, Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Director for Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection and Command Fire Chief, JBPH-H, Hawaii
February- September 2020, Superintendent, 647th Security Forces Squadron, JBPH-H, Hawaii
10. May 2021- Present, Command Chief, 501st Combat Support Wing, RAF Alconbury, UK
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
2005 8th Civil Engineer Squadron NCO of the Year
2007 100th Air Refueling Wing/Team Mildenhall NCO of the Year
2007 Distinguished Graduate, Kisling NCO Academy
2008 United States Air Forces in Europe Fire Officer of the Year
2011 548th Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group First Sergeant of the Year
2014 Air Force Global Strike Command Fire Officer of the Year
2016 Merit Citation, Office of the Governor, Gyeonggi Province, Republic of Korea
2016 United States Air Forces in Europe SMSgt McAllister Firefighter Heroism Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 March 2017
(CURRENT AS OF JULY 2021)