Mission: Provide combat support to enable command/control, intelligence/surveillance/reconnaissance and strike operations in support of U.S. and NATO objectives.
Vision: Trusted Combat Support Professionals, Postured to Execute the Mission, Valued Strategic Partners, Focused on Strong Communities Where Families Thrive.
Motto: Pathfinders "Light The Way"
Wing Staff Agencies
Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
Plans and Programs
The 422nd Air Base Group, headquatered at RAF Croughton, provides world-class combat support enabling communications and global strike operations at RAF Croughton, RAF Fairford and RAF Welford.
420th Air Base Squadron
420th Munitions Squadron
422nd Air Base Squadron
422nd Civil Engineer Squadron
422nd Communications Squadron
422nd Medical Squadron
422nd Security Forces Squadron
The 423rd Air Base Group's mission is to provide the best mission support services to the Joint International Operations Center Europe Analytic Center, Intelligence Fusion Centre, Joint Warfare Centre and the RAF Alconbury, RAF Molesworth and Stavanger Air Base, Norway, communities.
421st Air Base Squadron
423rd Civil Engineer Squadron
423rd Communications Squadron
423rd Force Support Squadron
423rd Medical Squadron
423rd Security Forces Squadron
426th Air Base Squadron
The 501st Combat Support Wing has 17 Wing Staff Agencies and two groups. The wing staff is headquartered at RAF Alconbury. The 422nd Air Base group maintains operations out of RAF Croughton, RAF Fairford and RAF Welford. The 423rd Air base group maintains out of RAF Alconbury, RAF molesworth, RAF Menwith Hill Station and Stavanger, Norway. Each agency and group provides a unique set of skills and a range of diverse specificities that advance wing capabilities.
The 501st CSW tracks its lineage back to the 501st Bombardment Group, which was activated on June 1, 1944 at Dalhart Army Airfield, Texas. The unit deployed in April of 1945, during WWII, to Guam where they flew 15 combat missions then airdropped food and supplies to Allied POW's. On Sept. 15, 1956 the 501st Tactical Missile Wing was established as the first USAF tactical missile wing, then later deactivated on June 18, 1958. The wing was later reactivated as the 501st Tactical Missile Wing on July 1, 1982 but inactivated on May 31, 1991; 3 years after the signing of the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty in 1988. The wing was later designated as the 501stCombat Support Wing and reactivated on March 22, 2005.The 501st CSW is the only combat support wing in the USAF.